The California Lemon Law Process
This is a summary of the benefits you are entitled to receive if you qualify for lemon law protection. We will demand from the manufacturer reimbursement for:
- Your down payment, (including cash and/or trade in allowance, registration fees, licensing fees, taxes, transportation costs, etc.);
- All your monthly lease or loan payments up to the time you return your vehicle;
- Your costs for reasonable incidental expenses (repair costs related to the manufacturing defect(s), towing costs, rental car expenses, etc.);
- Payoff of your loan or lease balance;
- Possibly, some or all of your costs for after market items installed by a dealer or third party (not required by the California lemon laws); and
- All attorneys fees. In most cases you pay nothing! The manufacturer is allowed, however, to deduct a "usage fee" based on California’s statutory mileage formula. There may also be certain other deductions which will be calculated based on the details of your particular case and which will be explained to you by one of our attorneys.
Will this impact my credit rating?
There is no damage or harm to your credit by going through this process. Please note too, the California legislature enacted the California lemon laws to help consumers get out of a bad situation, and to make it easier for an individual or small business to stand up to the automotive companies. The California lemon laws simply return consumers to approximately the same financial position they were in before they purchased or leased their "lemon."
If you are in California call our Lemon Law Offices:
Anywhere in California (free call): 1.888.ExLemon (395.3666)
- California Lemon Law in Los Angeles: 310-475-1700
- California Lemon Law in San Francisco: 415-285-5366
- California Lemon Law in San Diego: 619-229-6900
- California Lemon Law in Orange County: 949-856-4333
- California Lemon Law in Palm Springs: 760-395-1000
- California Lemon Law in San Fernando Valley: 818-837-0500