Automobile Recalls For June 2010
Below are some of the automobile recalls for June 2010
- Access Options is recalling certain trucks and vans built on Ford E150, E350, Toyota Sienna, and Dodge Grand Caravan chassis and equipped with VMI/Ricon 6-way power seat bases. The seat base may have a defective weld on the pivot pin which could fail and injure the occupant. The manufacturer will replace the swivel plate free of charge if necessary. Owners may contact Access Option at 831-722-6804.
- BMW is recalling 2008-2011 1-Series vehicles. In a crash that allows the front pre-tensioner and load limiter to deploy, the insulation around the pre-tensioner could ignite. The manufacturer is still working on a remedy for the problem. If owners would like more information, they can contact BMW at 1-800-525-7417.
- Subaru is recalling certain 2010 Outback and Legacy passenger vehicles manufactured from February 16, 2009 through April 12, 2010. The wiring in the steering column electrical roll connector located behind the vehicle’s steering wheel may develop stress cracks and break resulting in certain electrical components not operating. Possible circuits affected are the driver’s frontal airbag, paddle shifter function, cruise control, horn control and radio functions. Dealers will check lot numbers of the steering roll connector and will replace it with a new one if the lot number showed any affected range of the failure occurrence. This service will be performed free of charge. Owners may contact Subaru at 1-800-782-2783.
- Suzuki is recalling some 2006 grand Vitara’s and 2005-2006 XL-7 vehicles for the tension adjuster pulley that operates the power steering pump and air conditioner compressor. Repeated heat stress can cause the outer portion plastic materials to deteriorate and break off. Broken pieces of the pulley can get caught between the pulley and the drive belt, causing the drive belt to come off, making the vehicle difficult to steer. Dealers will replace the power steering pump drive belt tension adjuster pulley free of charge. Owners may contact Suzuki at 1-800-934-0934.
- Volvo is recalling some 2010-2011 C30, 2010 S40 and V50 vehicles equipped with 6 speed manual transmissions. The gearshift lever stud assembly may not have been torqued to the correct specification which could result in the gearshift lever cable or stud assembly to become loose, making it difficult to engage, disengage or shift gears. Dealers will torque the gearshift lever stud assembly to the correct specification free of charge. Owners may contact Volvo at 1-800-458-1552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volvo Trucks is recalling certain model year 2001-2006 VNL and VNM trucks manufactured with a TRW sealed drag links. Certain factors can exist, which if left untreated may result in a ball socket separation resulting in complete loss of steering. Dealers will inspect and repair the ball socket or the drag link as required. The safety recall is expected to begin on or before August 15, 2010. Owners may contact Volvo Trucks at 1-800-528-6586
Tags: automobile problems, BMW, Subaru, Suzuki