Approximately one hundred 2011-2012 Ferrari 458 high performance sports cars will be recalled in the United States for a manufacturing problem that could lead to engine damage. The problem was found by Ferrari as they did a routine inspection of one of their fleet vehicles. According to the recall report filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a programming error in the factory caused the crankshaft to be formed incorrectly. The error could lead to excessive engine vibration and eventually engine seizure. Ferrari will notify owners who will be given the option of having their engines repaired or replaced. Owners wanting more information on the problem can contact Ferrari at 201-816-2600.
Archive for the ‘Ferrari’ Category
- Bentley is recalling some 2007-2009 Arnager, Arnaget, Arnage RL, Brooklands, and Azure vehicles because the retractable hood ornament could become corroded resulting in increased injury during a pedestrian strike. Dealers will replace the retractable mechanism free of charge. Owners may contact Bentley at 1-617-488-8500.
- Ferrari is recalling its 458 Italia super cars after reports of fire. The problem is being blamed on the rear wheel housing and heat shield assemblies becoming deformed from heat from the engine. The shield ends up too close to the exhaust system which has the potential to start a fire. The problem may occur when the vehicle is operation at particularly high temperatures. To fix the problem, dealers will replace the old heat shields with a new design that attaches with rivets instead of glue. For those owners who had their cars damaged by fire, Ferrari will replace the car with a new model.
- Ford is recalling some 2008-2009 F-650 and F-750 trucks with Caterpillar C7 engines. Two fuel lines have the potential to crack at a fastening point causing a leak. Ford is working with Caterpillar to notify owners and repairs will be performed by authorized Caterpillar dealers free of charge. Owners may contact Caterpillar toll-free at 1-800-447-4986 or Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- GM is recalling some 2009-2010 Cadillac STS all wheel drive and CTS-V vehicles. In an accident, the passenger may be at an increased risk of injury from the glove compartment assembly. Dealers will replace the assembly and, in some vehicles, modify the instrument panel structure. Owners may contact Cadillac at 1-866-982-2339.
- Honda is recalling some 2010 Accord Crosstour vehicles for a front airbag that was not assembled properly. If the bag should deploy, the front seat passenger could be injured. Dealers will inspect and replace the passenger airbag module free of charge. Owners may contact Honda Automobile Customer Service at 1-800-999-1009.
- Hyundai is recalling some 2011 Sonata vehicles for a steering column that may have been improperly assembled or insufficiently tightened. This could lead to the driver experiencing a reduction or loss of steering capability. Dealers will inspect the steering column for proper assembly and torque and will update the power steering software free of charge. Owners may contact Hyundai Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-633-5151.
- Isuzu and Honda is recalling some 1998-2002 Isuzu Rodeo, 2002 Isuzu Axiom, and 1998-2002 Honda Passport vehicles. These vehicles, when exposed to corrosive materials used in road deicing, may experience excessive corrosion, resulting in the left or right rear suspension lower link bracket becoming detached from the frame. All inspections and remedies will be provided free of charge for vehicles that are 10 years old or less. For vehicles older than 10 years, Isuzu will offer a free remedy, if the vehicle is brought in to an Isuzu or Honda service facility within 12 months of notification. Isuzu owners may contact Isuzu at 1-800-255-6727.
- Keystone RV is recalling some 2009-2010 Sprinter Select 25RB travel trailers built between February 11, 2009 to November 19, 2009 for a battery wire that may have been pinched between the floor and the frame. The wire could short out, causing a fire. Keystone RV will notify owners and will repair the vehicles free of charge. Owners may contact Keystone Customer Service at 1-866-425-4369.
- Nissan is recalling certain vehicles equipped with a Garmin Nuvi 750, 760, and 765 navigation system for batteries that can overheat and cause a fire. Nissan will notify owners and the repairs will be performed by Garmin technicians by replacing the battery and inserting a spacer on top of the battery free of charge. Owners may contact Garmin directly at 1-866-957-1981 or Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Suzuki is recalling some 2008-2010 SX4, 2010 Grand Vitara, and 2009-2010 Equator vehicles equipped with a Garmin nuvi model 750, 760, and 765 navigation systems. The batteries in these GPS’s have the potential to overheat and cause a fire. Suzuki will notify owners and the repairs will be performed by Garmin technicians by replacing the battery and inserting a spacer on top of the battery. Owners may contact Garmin directly at 1-866-957-1981 or Suzuki at 1-887-697-8985. Owners may also visit Garmin’s website at www.garmin.com/nuvibatterypcbrecall.
- Winnebago is recalling some 2011 Vista and Itasca Sunstar motor homes manufactured from March 16, 2010 to August 12, 2010, because the cable that powers the slide out room could come in contact with the drive shaft when retracted. If the cable wears through, the chassis could become electrified. Dealers will install a drive shaft closeout panel between the chassis frame rails to protect and support the wire harness. This service will be performed free of charge. Owners may contact Winnebago at 1-800-537-1885.