American Suzuki is recalling certain 2007Suzuki XL-7 vehicles originally sold or currently registered in Arizona, California, Nevada, and Texas because some of these vehicles may have a condition in which the plastic supply or return port on the fuel pump module could crack. (more…)
Archive for the ‘Suzuki’ Category
California based U.S. Suzuki, announced yesterday that they will stop selling automobiles in the United States as a plan to restructure the business. According to Suzuki, slow sales, low foreign exchange rates and expensive state and federal regulatory requirements (more…)
Nissan and Suzuki are contacting owners of certain vehicles manufactured between June 19, 2012 to July 12, 2012, because they may have been equipped with front wheel hubs that do not meed the required design hardness specifications. The hub could wear prematurely and could break, possibly resulting in a vehicle crash. The vehicles affected by this recall include:
Suzuki is asking the owners of certain 2004-2006 Forenza and 2005-2006 Reno cars to bring in their vehicles to get a problem with the headlight wiring repaired. According to Suzuki certain vehicles may have poor contact between the terminals wires in the low/high beam headlamp system. The poor contact may generate heat that can melt the splice, resulting in total loss of headlamps. Suzuki will correct the problem by replacing the splice with two heat shrink crimps. Owners wanting more information on the problem can contact Suzuki at 1-714-996-7040.
Suzuki is recalling certain 2008-2010 motorcycles for regulator/rectifier assemblies that were produced with insufficient adhesion between the power module circuit board and the rectifier case heat sink. Without proper adhesion, the power module could overheat causing the circuit board to deform and lift from the case. As a result, there could be insufficient charge to the battery. The part numbers of the rectifier assemblies being recalled are: 32800-41F11, 32800-15H10, 32800-05H11, 32800-41G10, 32800-15H00, 32800-18H00, 32800-05G10, 32800-10G10, 32800-05H20, OR 32800-06G01. These rectifiers have been installed on:
- 2008-2009 – SUZUKI / AN400
- 2008-2009 – SUZUKI / DL1000
- 2008-2009 – SUZUKI / GSF1250
- 2008-2009 – SUZUKI / GSX-R600
- 2008-2009 – SUZUKI / GSX-R750
- 2008 – SUZUKI / GSX1300B
- 2008-2010 – SUZUKI / GSX1300R
- 2008-2009 – SUZUKI / GSX650F
- 2009-2010 – SUZUKI / SFV650
- 2008-2010 – SUZUKI / VL800
- 2008-2009 – SUZUKI / VLR1800
- 2009-2010 – SUZUKI / VZ1500
Suzuki will notify owners of the recall starting March 02, 2011. For more information contact Suzuki at 1-714-996-7040 or the Nation Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
- Bentley is recalling some 2007-2009 Arnager, Arnaget, Arnage RL, Brooklands, and Azure vehicles because the retractable hood ornament could become corroded resulting in increased injury during a pedestrian strike. Dealers will replace the retractable mechanism free of charge. Owners may contact Bentley at 1-617-488-8500.
- Ferrari is recalling its 458 Italia super cars after reports of fire. The problem is being blamed on the rear wheel housing and heat shield assemblies becoming deformed from heat from the engine. The shield ends up too close to the exhaust system which has the potential to start a fire. The problem may occur when the vehicle is operation at particularly high temperatures. To fix the problem, dealers will replace the old heat shields with a new design that attaches with rivets instead of glue. For those owners who had their cars damaged by fire, Ferrari will replace the car with a new model.
- Ford is recalling some 2008-2009 F-650 and F-750 trucks with Caterpillar C7 engines. Two fuel lines have the potential to crack at a fastening point causing a leak. Ford is working with Caterpillar to notify owners and repairs will be performed by authorized Caterpillar dealers free of charge. Owners may contact Caterpillar toll-free at 1-800-447-4986 or Ford at 1-866-436-7332.
- GM is recalling some 2009-2010 Cadillac STS all wheel drive and CTS-V vehicles. In an accident, the passenger may be at an increased risk of injury from the glove compartment assembly. Dealers will replace the assembly and, in some vehicles, modify the instrument panel structure. Owners may contact Cadillac at 1-866-982-2339.
- Honda is recalling some 2010 Accord Crosstour vehicles for a front airbag that was not assembled properly. If the bag should deploy, the front seat passenger could be injured. Dealers will inspect and replace the passenger airbag module free of charge. Owners may contact Honda Automobile Customer Service at 1-800-999-1009.
- Hyundai is recalling some 2011 Sonata vehicles for a steering column that may have been improperly assembled or insufficiently tightened. This could lead to the driver experiencing a reduction or loss of steering capability. Dealers will inspect the steering column for proper assembly and torque and will update the power steering software free of charge. Owners may contact Hyundai Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-633-5151.
- Isuzu and Honda is recalling some 1998-2002 Isuzu Rodeo, 2002 Isuzu Axiom, and 1998-2002 Honda Passport vehicles. These vehicles, when exposed to corrosive materials used in road deicing, may experience excessive corrosion, resulting in the left or right rear suspension lower link bracket becoming detached from the frame. All inspections and remedies will be provided free of charge for vehicles that are 10 years old or less. For vehicles older than 10 years, Isuzu will offer a free remedy, if the vehicle is brought in to an Isuzu or Honda service facility within 12 months of notification. Isuzu owners may contact Isuzu at 1-800-255-6727.
- Keystone RV is recalling some 2009-2010 Sprinter Select 25RB travel trailers built between February 11, 2009 to November 19, 2009 for a battery wire that may have been pinched between the floor and the frame. The wire could short out, causing a fire. Keystone RV will notify owners and will repair the vehicles free of charge. Owners may contact Keystone Customer Service at 1-866-425-4369.
- Nissan is recalling certain vehicles equipped with a Garmin Nuvi 750, 760, and 765 navigation system for batteries that can overheat and cause a fire. Nissan will notify owners and the repairs will be performed by Garmin technicians by replacing the battery and inserting a spacer on top of the battery free of charge. Owners may contact Garmin directly at 1-866-957-1981 or Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Suzuki is recalling some 2008-2010 SX4, 2010 Grand Vitara, and 2009-2010 Equator vehicles equipped with a Garmin nuvi model 750, 760, and 765 navigation systems. The batteries in these GPS’s have the potential to overheat and cause a fire. Suzuki will notify owners and the repairs will be performed by Garmin technicians by replacing the battery and inserting a spacer on top of the battery. Owners may contact Garmin directly at 1-866-957-1981 or Suzuki at 1-887-697-8985. Owners may also visit Garmin’s website at www.garmin.com/nuvibatterypcbrecall.
- Winnebago is recalling some 2011 Vista and Itasca Sunstar motor homes manufactured from March 16, 2010 to August 12, 2010, because the cable that powers the slide out room could come in contact with the drive shaft when retracted. If the cable wears through, the chassis could become electrified. Dealers will install a drive shaft closeout panel between the chassis frame rails to protect and support the wire harness. This service will be performed free of charge. Owners may contact Winnebago at 1-800-537-1885.
Below are some of the automobile recalls for June 2010
- Access Options is recalling certain trucks and vans built on Ford E150, E350, Toyota Sienna, and Dodge Grand Caravan chassis and equipped with VMI/Ricon 6-way power seat bases. The seat base may have a defective weld on the pivot pin which could fail and injure the occupant. The manufacturer will replace the swivel plate free of charge if necessary. Owners may contact Access Option at 831-722-6804.
- BMW is recalling 2008-2011 1-Series vehicles. In a crash that allows the front pre-tensioner and load limiter to deploy, the insulation around the pre-tensioner could ignite. The manufacturer is still working on a remedy for the problem. If owners would like more information, they can contact BMW at 1-800-525-7417.
- Subaru is recalling certain 2010 Outback and Legacy passenger vehicles manufactured from February 16, 2009 through April 12, 2010. The wiring in the steering column electrical roll connector located behind the vehicle’s steering wheel may develop stress cracks and break resulting in certain electrical components not operating. Possible circuits affected are the driver’s frontal airbag, paddle shifter function, cruise control, horn control and radio functions. Dealers will check lot numbers of the steering roll connector and will replace it with a new one if the lot number showed any affected range of the failure occurrence. This service will be performed free of charge. Owners may contact Subaru at 1-800-782-2783.
- Suzuki is recalling some 2006 grand Vitara’s and 2005-2006 XL-7 vehicles for the tension adjuster pulley that operates the power steering pump and air conditioner compressor. Repeated heat stress can cause the outer portion plastic materials to deteriorate and break off. Broken pieces of the pulley can get caught between the pulley and the drive belt, causing the drive belt to come off, making the vehicle difficult to steer. Dealers will replace the power steering pump drive belt tension adjuster pulley free of charge. Owners may contact Suzuki at 1-800-934-0934.
- Volvo is recalling some 2010-2011 C30, 2010 S40 and V50 vehicles equipped with 6 speed manual transmissions. The gearshift lever stud assembly may not have been torqued to the correct specification which could result in the gearshift lever cable or stud assembly to become loose, making it difficult to engage, disengage or shift gears. Dealers will torque the gearshift lever stud assembly to the correct specification free of charge. Owners may contact Volvo at 1-800-458-1552 or email@example.com.
- Volvo Trucks is recalling certain model year 2001-2006 VNL and VNM trucks manufactured with a TRW sealed drag links. Certain factors can exist, which if left untreated may result in a ball socket separation resulting in complete loss of steering. Dealers will inspect and repair the ball socket or the drag link as required. The safety recall is expected to begin on or before August 15, 2010. Owners may contact Volvo Trucks at 1-800-528-6586
By the end of 2009 the Volkswagen / Porsche merger will be completed with VW purchasing almost 50% of Porsches shares. Then the real work begins! Integrating Porsche and nine other brands under the VW Group (Also known as “Auto Union”) will not be easy.
Porsche originally hoped to take over the VW Group, but due to German state laws and its own debt, it was forced to turn to VW for help. VW board chairman Martin Winterkorn described the company’s merger, saying; VW and Porsche have excellent know-how at their disposal and can use their resources even more efficiently by combining them for additional growth opportunities. Porsche’s American “cousin” would operate autonomously keeping in mind not to offend concerned Porsche enthusiasts.
Volkswagen is also said to be buying 20% of Suzuki Motor of Japan, giving VW a big step forward in compact car markets in Asia and Suzuki benefits in environmentally friendly vehicle technologies. Neither VW nor Suzuki is commenting on the proposed merger at the moment. It is suspected that they will develop hybrids and electric vehicles together
Volkswagens car industry mergers are aimed at reducing costs and developing new technologies in the face of fragile economic economy, in hopes of becoming the worldâ€™s largest car maker, overtaking Toyota, by 2018.