Mercedes Benz is recalling certain 2011-2012 model year vehicles manufactured between April 18, 2011 to July 12, 2011 because of fuel leaks that could result in a fire. (more…)
Archive for the ‘Mercedes Benz’ Category
According to Mercedes-Benz, in house testing to replicate a worst case scenario frontal crash, has uncovered a problem that could result in an engine fire. Testing of certain 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class vehicles manufactured from December 19, 2011, through May 31, 2012, showed that if the air conditioner refrigerant line should rupture, the gaseous mixture released into the engine compartment could ignite and quickly spread. Mercedes will be asking owners of these vehicles to bring them in to have the refrigerant and all associated lines replaced. Owners wanting more information about the problem can contact Mercedes-Benz at 1-800-367-6372.
We were recently contacted by a consumer from Glendale, California after he saw a video on our website, www.lemonlawspecialists.com, which featured a woman having the same problem as his, pertaining to a 2009 Mercedes-Benz GL550. While driving on the 405 freeway his vehicle shut off and lose all power. He also had repeated problems with coolant leaks which resulted in the coolant warning light coming on every 3-4 weeks. This problem began just 3 days after he had leased the car. He had taken the car in for repairs on seven (7) separate occasions, but each time was told by the dealer mechanics that they could not find the problems he complained of.
Within a few weeks after retaining our lemon law firm, Mercedes-Benz agreed to repurchase his vehicle under the California Lemon Law. Mercedes-Benz reimbursed our client for all his lease payments, down payment, and registration, less only the legal use fee deduction, and paid our attorney’s fees.
If your vehicle is 2007 or newer and has been having repeated problems that the dealership is unable to fix, please call the Law Offices of Delsack and Associates at our toll-free number 888-Ex-Lemon (888-395-3666) for a free analysis and to learn whether your vehicle qualifies for repurchase under the California Lemon Law.
Mercedes Benz are asking customers driving certain ML-Class vehicles, to remove their accessory floor mats and to bring them in to their nearest dealership to have them replaced. According to Mercedes, certain vehicles are equipped with all season floor mats that may not conform to the contour of the vehicle’s floor. The fit could reduce the clearance between the mat and the gas pedal, possibly allowing the pedal to become trapped. Mercedes will be notifying owners starting in September and will replace the floor mats free of charge. The vehicles included in the recall include:
Owners wanting more information about the problem can contact Mercedes-Benz at 1-800-367-6372.
Mercedes Benz has announced a recall for almost four thousand 2007-2009 E350 4Matic wagon vehicles manufactured between July 2006 to April 2009. According to the recall report filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), a manufacturing defect with the connecting rod for the load leveling rear suspension system could cause it to fail. If the rod fails, the driver could experience a loss of control of the vehicle. Owners wanting more information about the problem can Contact Mercedes Benz at 1-201-573-0350.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is investigating certain 2003-2006 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG sedans and wagons for potential gas leaks. The NHTSA has received over 20 reports from owners who complained about the smell of gasoline inside and outside the vehicle. In some cases, a visible fuel leak was noticed from the fuel sending unit at the top of the fuel tank, underneath the cushion in the rear seat. Several reports suggest the leakage may be related to a March, 2008 emissions recall conducted by Mercedes Benz (Emissions Recall Campaign # 2008-020001) which involved potential cracking of the fuel filter module in vehicles exposed to high ambient temperatures. If the investigation leads to a recall, over 8,000 vehicles could be affected.
Mercedes Benz is recalling certain 2011-2012 vehicles for a diesel fuel filter leak in the area around the fuel heating component. According to reports filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) diesel fuel may be deposited onto the highway creating a potential for an accident, or the fuel could ignite in the presence of an ignition source. The vehicles recalled include:
- 2011 E-Class (212 platform)
- 2011 R-Class (251 platform)
- 2011 ML-Class (W164 platform)
- 2011 GL-Class (X164 platform)
- 2012 S-Class (221 platform)
Owners wanting more information can contact Mercedes-Benz USA at 1-800-367-6372.
As GM launches its plug in hybrid, the Chevrolet Volt, and Nissan releases its all electric Leaf, Mercedes Benz will also be releasing it hydrogen powered vehicles to California residents. Mercedes is leasing the vehicles to a small groups of people in order to study the vehicles performance in real life conditions. This information will be provided to the Department of Energy to help them in their effort to meet stringent mileage and emission regulations.
Powered by an electric motor delivering 134 horsepower, the Mercedes F-Cell B-Class offers the advantages of a gas-powered conventional car, while using half the fuel and emitting only water. “We believe this is a great addition to our fast-growing portfolio of alternative fuel vehicles.” said Sascha Simon, head of advanced product planning at Mercedes-Benz USA. The information gathered by this study will help the effort in transforming the U.S. into a country that is fueled entirely by domestically produced energy
- BMW and Rolls-Royce are recalling vehicles for a leak in a check valve of the brake vacuum pump that could lead to the loss of Power assisted braking. The vehicles affected by this recall are:
- 2004-2010 5-Series
- 2004-2010 6-Series
- 2002-2008 7-Series
- 2003-2010 Phantom
- 2007-2010 Phantom Drophead coupe
- 2008-2010 Phantom coupe
Owners can contact BMW at 1-800-525-7417, for more information.
- Hyundai is recalling some 2011 Sonata vehicles built between December 2009 to September 2010. Some of these vehicles may have an improperly assembled steering columns that could lead in loss or reduction of steering. Dealers will inspect the steering column intermediate shaft universal joint connections for proper assembly and torque and will update the power steering software free of charge. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service center at 1-787-999-3333.
- Mercedes Benz is recalling some 2010 C-class, E-class and 2010-2011 E-class vehicles for a problem with the power steering. The problem is being blamed on connections that have been improperly torqued during manufacturing. Owners may contact Mercedes-Benz at 1-800-367-6372 for more information.
- Chrysler is recalling some 2010 Sebring, 300, Charger (LX), Dodge Challenger (LC), Avenger (JS), Journey (JC), and 2011 Dodge Ram light duty pickup (DS) vehicles for power steering problems. The crimp on the power steering pressure hose assembly may leak fluid on the engine creating a fire hazard. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403 for additional information.
- GM is recalling 2009-2010 Chevrolet Impalas for front safety belt webbing that may have not been properly secured to the seat. Dealers will inspect and repair recalled vehicles free of charge. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-630-2438 or at the owner center at www.gmownercenter.com.